Where to from here in Caprivi?

The way forward for the people in Caprivi

Carving the way forward for our people in Caprivi (given our current situation) requires going back in history to find out where things had started, how they were, how they are now, and where they could be! And this is a call for every Caprivian to search for the truth in order to avoid falling victim to people who are out to mislead them. However, since in the past articles I covered the history of Caprivi and background of Caprivians, today therefore I hope to hit around the way forward for our people in Caprivi.  It’s a big topic that even I am careful not to hit the right nerve because that’s all it takes to light up wild fires in Caprivi. And again since I’ve already established how CANU had merged with SWAPO in exile, I’d just love to add a note to CANU, as it appears to be the main shield of political racket underway in Caprivi.

How do you mean by CANU?

The CANU that’s been promoted in Caprivi today is not the CANU of Brendan Simbwaye, but rather something in between to just confuse people! The CANU for Brendan Simbwaye stood for unity in nation-building, and that’s why CANU became so popular.

CANU was known for many open good policies, yet what had started all that were simply the four enquiries, which later became the four aspects of political activities by which it collided with the authorities, and those four aspects were:

1. Debating the functions of traditional authorities in Caprivi;
  2. Participation in the Odendaal Commission’s public hearings;
  3. Interventions in public debates on the education system; and
  4. Campaigning on the issue of cattle sales in Caprivi.

And those were the starting points of what is today called CANU in Caprivi. And that’s basically all that matters, as for the hear-say-stories such as apparently Mr. Muyongo or simply CANU in general had signed agreement with Sam Nujoma in exile for Caprivi to become a separate state after independence; wow, that’s irrelevant! Whether such a thing ever happened or not, that remains a matter of the past, what matters most is what happened after independence.  Screwing that up is what led Caprivian supporters of Mr. Muyongo’s people to be in the conditions they find themselves today!

Is this it in Caprivi?

It can get worse unless we embrace the truth about how things were in the past in Caprivi! And until such a time, as Caprivians, we’re bound to face bigger challenges with raw politics in Caprivi.  Nonetheless, even though I resent Maria Fisch for her lack of respect for our people in Caprivi, I do recommend many of her writings on the history of Caprivi, particularly her book entitled: The Caprivi Summit during the German period 1890-1914, by Maria Fisch.

Anyone who’s ever read that book understands why things are what they are in Caprivi today! Maria Fisch was the authority on German South West African literature in Caprivi, so she makes it easy to understand how Caprivi became an integral part of German South West Africa, hence Namibia. What’s interesting is that many of her writings on the issue of Caprivi have never been refuted, that makes her a reliable source of information.

Who is affected mostly in Caprivi?

People who are hard to fool in Caprivi are those who know their history, the real history which was passed on from generation to generation by means of story-telling, etc.  Unfortunately that trend has become rotten due to exaggerations, politicians telling lies to get support they don’t deserve.

As I mentioned earlier, the history of Caprivi dates way back, long before the Lozi people of Zambia established supremacy over our people. Of which after hundred centuries, that era was followed by a period of occupation by the Makololo of Sibitwane. And therefore, in simple terms, as Caprivians, we need to know these things otherwise we’re in for a bad haircut! In fact, I tend to think that it must hurt to be led by a blind man when one is also blind.

The matter of fact in Caprivi?

The matter of the fact is that Caprivi is not only part, but Namibia. Once you’re in Caprivi, you’re in Namibia and it will remain that way forever! My uncle, Mr. Muyongo’s people and tribal authority in Caprivi denounce his political influence in the region. Not to mention the Mbukushu, Yeyi, Subia, and Totela people in Caprivi! And which means that even if we were to be given a chance to run a free and fair election in the area on the matter, Mr. Muyongo would still lose!

Case in point in Caprivi?

“Click on the link or rather on the picture of Mr. Muyongo to read the story in full by the Caprivi Vision.”

Mishake Muyongoh

Yes, by recent article written by Caprivi Vision, Mr. Muyongo picked on President Hage Geingob over things that clearly had nothing to do with Caprivi and Caprivians. And how Mr. Muyongo expected President Hage Geingob to wear the issues of Caprivi… only he alone could think that way! Mr. Muyongo made his bed; he ought to lie in it, why should that concern the Namibian government; that was actually President Hage Geingob’s position at the summit in question! And I would have done the same.

Last take on Caprivi?

Sure, but did you know that it takes a big man to say, ”Sorry, I made a mistake. I was wrong?” Anyway, goodbye for now!! …and please free to leave a comment below, thanks.

eBook Creator
Sqeibble 2019

7 Comments

Kachitolwa markos · April 13, 2019 at 5:42 am

Where did you find the fake news which you want to feed your lost trib? you can not even copy the history on internet and give the correct information or background when are you going to be Samaritan? You will never call spead as a spead
I’m ashamed of you who can tell the lie that when you speak your sisubiya a vambo will understand we are with them they are also wondering to your lies .

You were supposed to tell us how people we migrating from tanganyika to southern Africa vambos they came through Angola us caprivian through Zambia we are part and passel of LUYI

adminZMP · April 13, 2019 at 10:07 am

Good points there, brother Kachitolwa Markos. I like your approach very much, that says you’re a man, thanks. I hope we’d find other people to join this discussion you just opened, and it’s so nice, thank you!

adminZMP · April 13, 2019 at 1:25 pm

It appears that it’s only you and I for now on this issue, buddy. But I know that people will join our discussion along the way, so let’s get on with it, okay? But I should tell you that I’ve already explained most, if not all of the points you raised in your comment. It’s just that you didn’t see the items, but then why don’t you surf ZMP website articles a bit more to see what you missed and so on? Because given the way you appeared, brother, you gave too much of your personality away! It’s gonna hurt when people start correcting you publicly online.
    For instance if I could analyze you, I would say that there where you asked me where I found fake news to feed my lost tribe, you were actually establishing your authority, that sudden dirty political authority used by Mr. Muyongo’s followers in Caprivi. And in your mind, my tribe is not your tribe, and you called my tribe (Subiya) lost because they haven’t joined Mr. Muyongo’s madness, so you believe they’re lost! But how would you feel if I said your tribe (Mafwe tribe) is lost too for following Mr. Muyongo? After all it’s not even all the Mafwe people who are following Mr. Muyongo, only a handful of you from Linyanti, so how would you feel if I called you lost?
    And at the end of your comment you stated that you’re part of the LUYI, and that proved once and for all that you also suffer from Stockholm Syndrome. So if you’re sick, my brother, how do you hope to get away with me? So conduct your research first to decide if I’m who you really want to fool around with when it comes to Caprivi! And mind your language when talking, ZMP is our website; it’s going nowhere! So no need for talking as if you’re on a foreign website, okay?

Aldrin Thoye · April 13, 2019 at 12:37 pm

I don’t think someone who says caprivi is part of Namibia knows the history of the caprivi strip and its people because it mixing oil with water, every thing has a beginning and an ending,no matter how people will turn and twist the aims and objectives of CANU today, the truth about the caprivi strip struggle for its independence still continues because that’s what Brendan Simbwaye Kangongolo died for and its what we’re still advocating for as human rights defenders of the caprivi strip. We know the history,We know where we come from and we know what we want so do not mislead the people of the caprivi strip by fake news and false history because we will not stand and watch, Google if you don’t know what you are talking about and Google will give you the answer,don’t be a laughing stock.

adminZMP · April 13, 2019 at 2:38 pm

Quite interesting, pity you were like jerking, taking on many topics at once and fail to make sense of neither. So why don’t you take one topic at a time; that would make you sound informed even! And I’d love to hear what makes you think that Caprivi isn’t part of Namibia. And in brief, what makes Caprivi not part of Namibia, according to you?

Gerardo Lizazi · April 14, 2019 at 7:56 am

“Maria Fisch was the authority on German South West African literature in Caprivi, so she makes it easy to understand how Caprivi became an integral part of German South West Africa,”. My point of depature, adminZMP, you rightly pointed it out there. Caprivi was never part of German SWA.

It was integrated as stated in the quote above. The four points you outlined as what CANU stood for, they are vague at the time when the movement was formed. The movement was formed in 1958. The issues you pointed out as what CANU stood for, like the odeental plan was in 1962 way long after the formation of CANU.

I recommend you read a book written by Dr. Charles Mubita on the life of Brendan K Simbwaye. Dr. Mubita did a through research in that book. CANU was a organised liberation movement with its links to UNIP of Kenneth Kaunda who was the first to buy the membership card in 1958, Lusaka.

How can a liberation movement campaign for the sell of cattle! Come on, you can do better than that. Let’s stop fighting each, let’s just face the truth. If we will not be truthful to each other, people will come from afar and divide us to their own benefit. Let’s stop fighting each other as Caprivian that’s why our region has been made small. No one dare question such things which matter most.

Stop advocating nonsense rather find a way for Caprivi to seat a dialogue in these issues as a one people. Subia, Mafwe, Yeyi, Mbukushu, Barakwena, Mbalangwe, Totela, and Lozi, let’s come together and discuss our differences. I believe that is where we should start.

adminZMP · April 14, 2019 at 3:31 pm

Mr. Geraldo Lizazi, Maria Fisch you quoted as mentioned in reference to her book: The Caprivi Summit during the German period, 1890-1914 determines the origin of Caprivi. Tracing Caprivi from her era, lead to a series of transition governance Caprivi had undergone under Pretoria from 1914 basically to 1990, but at no point was Caprivi cut off completely from the rest of German South West Africa, later South West Africa – Namibia!

And the four political activities and strategies of CANU you alluded to became widely known and famous across Caprivi between 1962 and 1964 when CANU got slammed for undermining the administration, based on those four mentioned activities and strategies. Geraldo, please tell me other things, not CANU! For your information, CANU was founded in Kabbe, our village where my cousin, Brendan Simbwae was born and brought up until the day he died. And my uncle, Mr. Muyongo, no wonder he’s so inclined to politics, grew up in our village, Kabbe where he attended primary school. Kabbe where everybody played CANU politics! Long before 1962 in Caprivi, people at Kabbe and nearby settlements such as Schuckmannsburg, Nsundwa, Lusese, Ngoma, Ibbu, Muyako, Bukalo, and you name it, worked along with Kabbe on CANU.

It’s in Kabbe where SWAPO was initially introduced to the people of Caprivi. And that’s the reason we’ve Dr. Sam Nujoma Combined School today at Kabbe. You probably know that Kabbe was at several times the headquarters of the entire Caprivi region before the arrival of the German people. Therefore, politics we’ve in Caprivi today was basically born at Kabbe. Why do you think political discussions come easy to me? We talked nothing but CANU and SWAPO ever since childhood at Kabbe!

Therefore, even your former schoolteachers, if asked, would tell you about those four aspects of political activities in which CANU gained respect in Caprivi. It was by going at loggerheads with the authorities over them, hence playing a crucial role in influencing public opinion against the authorities in Caprivi that CANU was totally banned. And the causes of the ban were disturbing the peace, based on the origin of those four political activities which were considered poisonous by the Native Commissioner for the Eastern Caprivi Strip.

And therefore, you should refuse if anybody ever told you that CANU was built on luxurious foundation, let alone hatred for other people, including fighting separately for Caprivi independence in solitary! We’re in Caprivi for all the people of Namibia. We’re one nation in Namibia. So let’s talk about that instead of talking about Caprivi as if we’re colonized all over again! We know where Caprivi had started and we’re happy with the independence of Namibia because that’s what CANU had wanted!

Brother, at Kabbe we weren’t just talking about Caprivi all these years, otherwise over there even children know a lot more about Caprivi than you ever could imagine, ask Mr. Muyongo! So you shouldn’t put me so much to test on the issues of Caprivi, because I really can do some damage to false Caprivian historians with the knowledge of Caprivi I do possess. As I said earlier, this is not new to me; I’m naturally a politician at heart. I went fishing and hunting with Brendan Simbwae Kangongolo, and many other big people at Kabbe. We talked politics day and night, and therefore, it’s in my blood, bro! Anyway, thanks for your comment as well, keep well.